A recent Pew Report indicates that about one-quarter of people who grow up Muslim in the United States end up leaving the faith. (I wonder what it is worldwide). I put no blame on these people whatsoever and find this study a cause for self-reflection on the effectiveness of our institutions generally, and our mosques specifically. Are there truly any great mosques out there? And if so, what are doing to support and increase them?
• 72:18 – Mosques are for God alone
- The story of the Man who urinated in the Prophet’s Mosque: Sahih Bukhari
- Hadith about lying about the Prophet (God bless him and give him peace) on purpose: Sahih Bukhari
- Hadith about the whole earth being a prayer place: Sahih Bukhari & Muslim
- The story of the Christians of Yemen praying in the Mosque of the Prophet (God bless him and give him peace) during their stay in Madina: The Seera of Ibn Hisham, the section of the Christians of Najran visiting Madina.